Manufacturing Test Engineer
This is an amazing opportunity to join a well-established, dynamic manufacturing company that thrives on developing and producing cutting-edge human-machine interfaces. Located near the shore of beautiful Lake Coeur d’ Alene, we have a community reputation of being an innovative, technology-driven, fast-paced design and manufacturing company.
As one of the largest employers in Kootenai County, we take pride in maintaining a family like atmosphere with a culture that drives for individual and team success. The city of Coeur d’ Alene boasts the best of all four seasons and a wide variety of year-round recreational activities. For warm weather enthusiasts explore the Panhandle by boat, foot, or all-terrain vehicle through many National forests and on the most pristine lakes in the area. For those who enjoy winter sports, there are five alpine resorts and miles of groomed cross country trails for snow-shoeing and snowmobiling. For the best of both worlds enjoy world-class shopping, theater, fine dining, and golfing. Also located within 50 miles of an international airport for convenient travel. Coeur d’ Alene really does offer it all! We offer a variety of benefits including: Medical, dental, vision, retirement savings program, vacation time, paid volunteer time, competitive salary, company-sponsored life insurance and long-term disability, nicotine free campus, casual atmosphere.
Performs professional manufacturing test development and support assignments across a wide range of complexities.
- Works with limited guidance on complex engineering activities including electronic hardware design and application software development
- Provides ongoing Manufacturing Test Support for production software and hardware, may include support for remote facilities in country or Taiwan
- Creation of maintenance and calibration procedures for test hardware
- Generation of test verification/validation documentation
- Early Involvement in new development quotation, including feedback to design team regarding test coverage
- Ability to work effectively in a fast, high energy environment.
- Strong background in electronics, embedded microcontrollers, and Windows Software development.
- GUI development using Visual Basic 6, Visual Basic.Net, and C#, including the ability to develop reusable components using object-oriented design techniques.
- Experience with firmware development for embedded microcontrollers, including C and Assembler software development
- Excellent ability to interpret and develop electronic schematics and functional specs
- Good communicator
- Excellent debugging and troubleshooting skills to component level
- Ability to work well with others
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- General computer skills including standard MS office package applications
- Labview experience
- Visual C++ 6.0 and/or C++.Net experience
- Experience with many industry-standard protocols including USB, RS232/422/485, PS/2, TCP/IP, CAN, SPI, I2C, 2.4GHZ wireless, etc.
- Experience with IEEE 1149.1 Boundary Scan Test Development
- Experience developing with Cypress PSOC
- Familiar with National Instruments software, primarily Measurement Studio for .Net
- Familiar with the development of Host-based software drivers, including WDM
- Experience with Automated Visual Inspection Equipment
- Familiar with 8051, Intel 80x96, and Microchip PIC microcontrollers
- Experience with integration of Single Board Computers
- Experience testing performance of audio devices
Education/Previous Experience Requirements
- BSEE and/or BSCS degree
- Plus at least 3 years previous test engineering experience in an electronics manufacturing environment
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Protected Vet