Advanced Input Systems, AIS, located in Coeur d’Alene, Idaho near Spokane, Washington, is a leading design and manufacturer of Human Machine eXperience (HMX) Products and Solutions for a broad range of markets and applications. Our growing product team is looking for an energetic Product Manager to help drive accelerated growth with market-driven Hardware Products to achieve our HMX goals. You’ll help align our competencies in Touch and Touchless HMI Technologies to develop new Display Interface Products. This role will support the Discovery phase of identifying unmet market needs through extensive primary market research that influences Product Requirements for Medical, Industrial, and Commercial markets.
This opportunity is ideal for individuals that have a strong passion and experience for developing entirely new markets and products that deliver differentiated value to our customers. This critical position collaborates broadly with internal AIS organizations including Engineering, Sales, Marketing, and Operations. You will support product strategy activities such as Requirements and Minimum Viable Product (MVP), and participate in the definition, influence, and management of Roadmaps that align business/customer need and market opportunity. You will help drive the Launch of assigned products including Positioning, Content Creation, Distribution Strategies, Product Pricing, Promotional Definition and other product lifecycle activities.
- Primary focus on the Inbound Product Marketing functions using Primary Market Research to help communicate unmet market problems and associated business cases.
- Quickly investigate and evaluate product concepts (sketches, mockups, prototypes) and market opportunities, and provide guidance to the business on how best to apply resources to achieve higher ROI.
- Broad support, and/or direct ownership, of technology Product(s) and various Product Management elements including: Primary Market Research, Market Definition, Product Roadmap, Positioning, Persona Development, Buyers Journey, Product Requirements, Pricing, Launch/Marketing Plans, Channel Development and Sales Enablement support.
- Act as the voice-of-customer to influence the Product Requirements Documents that drive Product Development teams to achieve alignment of features with market and customer needs.
- Identify unmet problems that are pervasive and lead to solutions customers are willing to pay for.
- Ability to effectively communicate, both written and verbal, to a variety of stakeholders and levels
Candidates for this position should have the following qualifications:
- Preferred experience in the Pragmatic Marketing Framework or the Disciplined Entrepreneurship methodologies, with specific ability to identify market problems and drive market focus for our teams.
- Engineering or Technical background desired given the technical nature of our product and hardware portfolio
- Customer Interview and Survey experience
- Strong analytical abilities including market research, financial analysis, product planning, and competitive analysis.
- Ability to solve a wide range of market and commercial problems & contribute creative ideas to make an overall impact on the business
- Ability to develop and communicate complex technical concepts within the context of the product owner role
- Self-starter, highly motivated, extremely collaborative, and can implement change
- Thrives on driving both strategic and tactical activities
- Exposure to international business and markets, team-building, and negotiation
- Ability to travel occasionally and obtain market research and voice-of-customers feedback
- MarCom experience is a plus, but is secondary to the Inbound Product Management focus
- Bachelor’s degree (BS/BA) required. Advanced degree, for example an MBA, a plus
- Must be willing to relocate and work out of the Coeur d’Alene, Idaho office. This is not a remote-work position.
- Must be a US person. Due to US Military and Defense contracts, we are unable to consider non-US persons for this role
You should apply if:
- You want to live, work and play in North Idaho with its abundance of natural resources to support outdoor recreation all year!
- You are humble (i.e. readily acknowledges weakness, easily admits mistakes freely and openly, offers and accepts apologies, compliments or praises without hesitation)
- You are hungry (i.e. does more than required of the job, and feels a personal responsibility for success of the team, willing to take on tedious or challenging tasks when necessary)
- You have high emotional intelligence (i.e. understands what others are feeling, shows empathy to the team, aware of how words and actions impact others, adjusts behavior and style to fit the nature of the conversation or relationship)
- Your entrepreneurial spirit fosters innovation and change to keep us nimble, capable, and competitive
- Your positive attitude is infectious
- You flourish with a startup-like mindset company where everyone prioritizes a team-first approach and wears multiple hats to get the job
- You want to have fun!
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Protected Vet