The role of manufacturing engineering will focus on supporting electronics assembly processes in both manufacturing and process engineering. This position will focus on production floor support, NPI support, continuous improvement, and manufacturing tests.
- Production floor support in areas of material issues, building issues, documentation, and fixturing
- Drive standardization of processes across BU factories and Supply Chain
- Develop, implement, and monitor core process metrics and capacity analysis
- Collaborate w/ Materials & Quality teams
- Support EH&S and Management of Change
- Support NPI by understanding customer need at a high level, understanding customer demand signals
- Develop preliminary procurement strategy using make vs buy, supplier selection and capability, and plan for every part strategies
- Enforce raw material specs (Typically outlined in a Quality Plan) and assist in defining CTQ/CTF dimensions.
- Support Design for Manufacturability (DFM) during the NPI process
- Develop inspection plans and sampling plans, gage R&R’s for consistent measurement techniques between RI and suppliers, and process capability metrics (CpK).
- Understand product structure and creation of preliminary assembly plans
- Develop labeling and packaging strategies
- Efficiency gains using productivity projects around topics of TAKT, pull, flow, and reduction of waste
- VAVE projects
- Aid in defining and maintaining Test Strategy
- Understanding of process capability, statistical analysis and design of experiments.
- Problem solving/analytical ability, understanding of lean initiatives.
- Emphasis on service orientation.
- Design and drafting capabilities.
- Must be able to work effectively with minimal supervision.
- Excellent written and oral communications, good employee relation skills.
- Ability to perform facilities, work center, and line flow charting & layouts.
- Maintenance and facilities experience (TPM).
- Understanding of BOM structures, basic Cost Accounting principle, and of routing and time standards.
- Familiar with Visual Basic, C++ coding, LabView, etc.
- Familiar with Solid Works and AutoCad.
- Experience with SMT technologies, electronics soldering, and well versed in IPC standards.
- Experience with Root Cause/Corrective Action methods.
- Experience in an ESD controlled environment.
- Process validation and tool design experience.
- Familiar with TQM, Six Sigma, TPS, etc.
Advanced Input Systems Competencies
Demonstrated ability in the Advanced Input Systems competencies required for all employees: customer focus, ethics & values, problem solving, integrity & trust, functional/technical skills, listening, action-oriented, composure, and values diversity.
Education/Previous Experience Requirements
BSME, BSMfgE, BSIE, or equivalent, plus at least 5 years of applicable work experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Protected Vet