Under limited supervision analyzes instruments, systems, and electrical circuit performance. Will perform repair as required by their findings. This position performs a variety of electronic and technical functions related to assembly testing, test equipment maintenance, calibration and alignment of assembly test equipment. They will also perform a variety of complex electronic and technical functions to support the developmental engineering activities related to electronic and mechanical tests. This will include, analyzing, calibration, alignment, and fabrication of both product and testing equipment.
- Work from limited documentation, written or oral instructions, schematics, rough drawing, diagrams, layouts and plans.
- Performs operational tests and fault isolation on systems and equipment to ensure conformance with design specifications.
- Performs routine calibration on instruments, systems and electronic circuits
- Conducts complex testing in a development mode requiring improvisation of procedures. Takes actions as directed by either function and/or malfunction of design problems.
- Provides design detail where lacking and recommends modifications where appropriate.
- Performs complex engineering tests and develops support tasks.
- Prepares diagnostic tests and may assist in the design construction, test and function analyzing of complex test equipment.
- Maintain the highest ethical standards, even when challenged from above.
- Understand and live by AIS’s ethics and business conduct policies.
- High degree of electronic/technical knowledge.
- Proficient at the interpretation and application of comprehensive knowledge in electronic theory and its principles.
- Competent in analyzing the performance of electronic systems and circuitry.
- Capable of communicating on a technical level with design and manufacturing engineers as well as production personnel.
- Able to conceive, evaluate and implement design changes to instruments, circuits or processes.
- Adept at using complex precision measurement instruments.
- Ability to work with a variety of test development software programs.
- Capacity to balance multiple tasks and priorities.
- Must possess good mathematical skills.
- Strong capability to work from schematics; augmented by both written and oral instructions.
- Proficient with MS office programs; with an emphasis on MS Excel.
- Previous experience in an electronic manufacturing facility.
- Previous experience with membrane switches.
- Promote teamwork and cooperative effort.
- Maintain a clean, safe, and unobstructed work area.
- Ability to communicate well with both peer and management groups.
- Provide customers with the highest quality of products and services.
Education/Previous Experience Requirements
- AA degree in electronics or equivalent work experience, minimum 6 years.
- Previous manufacturing experience preferred.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Protected Vet