Advanced Input Systems, AIS, located in Coeur d’Alene, Idaho, is a leading design and manufacturer of Human Machine eXperience (HMX) Products and Solutions for a broad range of markets and applications. Our culture values winning through empowered, innovative, teams that solve problems together to delight our customers. We seek engaged and motivated employees with an entrepreneurial spirit to support the ‘startup-like’ mindset of our mid-sized company. AIS designs and manufactures Standard Products and OEM Custom Solutions consisting of electro-mechanical assemblies and immersive products, including virtual reality & electronic wearables, infection control products, medical and industrial display interfaces & control panels, and touchscreen displays.
The role of Automation Engineer designs and deploys manufacturing automation processes that streamline raw material conversion, simplify highly variable assembly, and enhance associated test and inspection activities. This position is ideal for mechatronics candidates that can identify and realize value through automation and inspection processes that drive increased quality and throughput at reduced cost within a fast paced manufacturing environment.
- Champion factory automation initiatives of new and existing manufacturing processes
- Collaborates broadly throughout the organization with Production personnel, Manufacturing & Test Engineers, Quality & Supply Chain Engineers to identify opportunities for automation within existing manufacturing process
- Influences Design for Automation opportunities early in new product design in support of concurrent development
- Evaluates and recommends automation architectures and develops business case proposals that address capital expense investment, ROI, resource impact, facilities requirements, and schedule
- Develops and manages automation requirements and associated development/deployment plans
- Develops and deploys automation systems, which may include motion control, visions systems, robotics, pneumatics, PLCs, fixtures and tooling.
- Creates acceptance criteria and conducts acceptance testing to validate new processes
- Document new processes and provides training to production staff
- Acts as primary interface with vendors associated with automation hardware, software, and tooling
- 3+ years experience in factory automation.
- Experience with Design for Automation, Manufacturability, Assembly, and Cost
- Experience with programming languages, such as LabVIEW, Python, Visual Basic
- SolidWorks and AutoCAD design and drafting
- Problem solving/analytical ability, understanding of lean initiatives.
- Self-starter, highly motivated, exceptional character, and extremely collaborative
- Comfortable with fast pace, constant change, and supporting multiple projects
- Ability to communicate effectively both, verbally and written
- Ability to perform facilities, work center, and line flow charting & layouts.
- BS degree in Mechatronics, Computer Engineering, EE, ME, or a related field with relevant work experience
- Manufacturing of wearable electronics, robotics & exoskeleton, and soft goods
- Experience with Process Failure Mode & Effects Analysis (pFMEA)
- Machine Learning in Automation
- Experience driving organizational change
- Familiar with TQM, Six Sigma, TPS Lean
You should apply if:
- You want to live, work and play in North Idaho with its abundance of natural resources to support outdoor recreation all year!
- You are humble (i.e. readily acknowledges weakness, easily admits mistakes freely and openly, offers and accepts apologies, compliments or praises without hesitation)
- You are hungry (i.e. does more than required of the job, and feels a personal responsibility for success of the team, willing to take on tedious or challenging tasks when necessary)
- You have high emotional intelligence (i.e. understands what others are feeling, shows empathy to the team, aware of how words and actions impact others, adjusts behavior and style to fit the nature of the conversation or relationship)
- Your entrepreneurial spirit fosters innovation and change to keep us nimble, capable, and competitive
- Your positive attitude is infectious
- You flourish with a startup-like mindset company that prioritizes a team-first approach and wears multiple hats to get the job done
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Protected Vet