Advanced Input Systems, AIS, located in Coeur d’Alene, Idaho, is a leading design and manufacturer of Human Machine eXperience (HMX) Products and Solutions for a broad range of markets and applications. Our culture values winning through empowered, innovative, teams that solve problems together to delight our customers. We seek engaged and motivated employees with an entrepreneurial spirit to support the ‘startup-like’ mindset of our mid-sized company. AIS designs and manufactures Standard Products and OEM Custom Solutions consisting of electro-mechanical assemblies and immersive products, including virtual reality & electronic wearables, infection control products, medical and industrial display interfaces & control panels, and touchscreen displays.
Maintains production and distribution of product by pulling orders from inventory, delivering production materials and supplies and staging finished product in an accurate and timely fashion. This includes performing cycle counts, putting away material receipts and pulling inventory using FIFO methodology. The individual will also have responsibilities in other stockroom areas when and where applicable. Focus will always be accurate transactions centered around kitting of jobs, put away and pulling orders for shipments. This is a highly visible position requiring attention to detail.
- Maintains inventory by labeling and placing materials and supplies in stock, recording location of inventory.
- Organize stock in the most efficient way using forklifts or other material handling equipment.
- Locates and pulls materials to fulfill (kit) job requirements.
- Maintains work-in-process inventory at work cells by delivering and opening materials.
- Detrash materials prior to delivering to work cells.
- Refills Kanban locations daily as needed to assure no gap, or loss, in production due to material deliveries.
- Documents material disposition by recording material picked, or delivered, which may require the use of handheld devices.
- Prepares finished stock for shipment by identifying, pulling (if applicable), staging, shipment preparation, securing and auditing for order accuracy.
- Receives credit-return material from production by verifying material, returning to stock and replenishing correct material if needed.
- Performs cycle counts and supports annual physical inventory count verifications.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related tasks in a timely and accurate manner.
- Label deliveries and allocate them to their designated place per work instructions.
- Responsible to interact with internal and external auditors to explain documentation and processes.
- Motivated individual who looks at change of processes to improve efficiency in area.
- Interfaces with Shipping and Receiving regarding transactional functions in the ERP system such material identification, quantity verification and put away locations.
- Individual will cross-train in other areas of the stockroom and work in those areas when necessary.
- Proven experience as a Material Handler, Warehouse Associate or similar position.
- Experience in operating standard warehouse equipment. Preferably licensed to operate forklifts.
- Working knowledge of computer programs for entering data.
- Basic math and recording abilities.
- Excellent organization skills.
- Keen eye for detail.
- Have the ability to work under tight time restraints with a sense of urgency while maintaining 100% accuracy of documentation and transactions.
- Ability to effectively work and positively communicate in a stressful environment.
- Must be accurate in all phases of information reporting.
- Must be computer literate; possess good organizational and written communication skills.
- Individual must have strong analytical ability, be a self-starter, motivated, and possess the initiative to work on his or her own with little supervision.
- Must be able to repeatedly lift 40-60 pound boxes throughout every workday without problems.
- Availability to occasionally work overtime.
- Previous experience in computerized inventory control systems, working with purchasing, receiving inspections, warehouse logistics, ERP/MRP, accounting, manufacturing, and has strong computer and email skills, a willingness to learn all aspects of receiving and inventory control, and/or experience in material handling is desired.
Education/Previous Experience Requirements
High school diploma and equivalent work experience. Computer literate. Manufacturing experience, shipping, receiving and warehouse experience is preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Protected Vet