At AIS we're excited about what the future of the Human Machine eXperience (HMX) offers and are directly impacting this with our diverse portfolio of electro-mechanical assembles and immersive products across virtual reality, electronic wearables, infection control products, medical & industrial display interfaces and touchscreens. We're looking for smart, motivated, individuals who embrace an entrepreneurial spirit and thrive on working with a team of rockstars.
We offer robust benefits packages across a full suite of health benefits including medical, dental, vision and mental health. Generous PTO including 1-week company shut down to enjoy the beautiful PNW summers!
The role of Manufacturing Test Engineer defines, develops, and deploys Production Test Systems to support sub-assembly and final-assembly manufacturing of electromechanical human-machine interface products. Responsibilities include support for New Product Introduction (NPI), Sustaining Production Test, Automation initiatives, and Platform upgrades.
- Collaborate broadly throughout the organization to deliver reliable Production Test Systems.
- Define Production Test Requirements and associated Verification/Validation plans.
- Develop Product Test Hardware, Firmware, and Software.
- Provide ongoing troubleshooting, maintenance, and upgrade support for Production Test equipment, including migration/updates to new Test Platforms (e.g., LabVIEW)
- Create maintenance and calibration procedures for Production Test Systems.
- Contribute as an integral member of the Concurrent Engineering team supporting activities within the New Product Introduction process.
- Proficient in LabVIEW, and developing instrument drivers
- GUI development using Visual Basic 6, Visual Basic.Net, C#, including the ability to manage multi-thread tasks and develop reusable components using object-oriented design techniques.
- Experience with many industry-standard protocols including USB, RS232/422/485, PS/2, TCP/IP, CANbus, SPI, I2C, 2.4 GHz wireless, Wi-Fi & Bluetooth, etc.
- Familiarity with embedded Linux (e.g., BeagleBone, Raspberry Pi)
- Experience hardware test development (e.g., overall system architecture, specifying instrumentation, cable and wire harnesses, electrical panels, PCB design, etc.)
- Ability to read and develop schematics and/or create electrical drawings
- Excellent debugging and troubleshooting skills to the component level
- Experience with industrial robots (e.g., Universal Robot)
- Self-starter, highly motivated, exceptional character, and extremely collaborative
- Comfortable with fast pace, constant change, and supporting multiple projects
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and written
- BS degree in CompE, EE, CS, Mechatronics, or related discipline, plus at least 3 years previous Test Engineering development experience in an electronics-manufacturing environment.
- Audio Performance Criteria Testing
- Automated Visual Inspection Equipment
- Experience with firmware development for embedded microcontrollers (i.e. embedded C for Cypress PSoC)
- Familiar with National Instruments software, primarily Measurement Studio for .Net
- Experience with IEEE 1149.1 Boundary Scan Test Development
- Familiar with 8051, Intel 80x96, and Microchip PIC microcontrollers
- Experience with integration of Single Board Computers
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Protected Vet