Advanced Input Systems, AIS, located in Coeur d’Alene, Idaho, is a leading design and manufacturer of Human Machine eXperience (HMX) Products and Solutions for a broad range of markets and applications. Our culture values winning through empowered, innovative, teams that solve problems together to delight our customers. We seek engaged and motivated employees with an entrepreneurial spirit to support the ‘startup-like’ mindset of our mid-sized company. AIS designs and manufactures Standard Products and OEM Custom Solutions consisting of electro-mechanical assemblies and immersive products, including virtual reality & electronic wearables, infection control products, medical and industrial display interfaces & control panels, and touchscreen displays.
We’re looking for a Cadence Allegro PCB Designer to add a special blend of talent and character to our growing team. You will support New Product Introduction and Sustaining Engineering of various HMI technologies and products of all levels of functionality and complexity. Our Coeur d’Alene facility has 5 Surface-Mount Technology (SMT) production lines, which enables you to work directly and in-person with Engineers, Manufacturing Operators, and physical PCBA’s to ensure Design for Manufacturability is achieved.
- Highest level responsibility for all PCB layout designs, working closely with Electrical, Mechanical, and Manufacturing Engineers, from conception through production to deliver high-quality PCB designs that meet Product Requirements and are Manufacturable
- Operates CAD systems to design new and/or modify existing PCB Assemblies, which includes the design and management of complete PCB Layouts, Design Review and Backchecks, and Documentation Package
- Select, specify, define, document and maintain materials, tools and processes for the layout and fabrication of PCBs and Best Practices for AIS
- Possesses and maintains an in-depth understanding of design steps and assembly processes of PCB products
- Faciliates design reviews with cross-functional teams and customers as appropriate
- Driving force and advisor for the creation and maintenance of an accurate component library within CAD design and layout tool.
- Provide accurate assessment of risks and develop/deploy risk mitigation strategies
- Full competency with Cadence Allegro and OrCAD development tools is a requirement
- Experience with HDI, 4-10 layers boards, blind and buried vias, and routing of differential matched pairs
- Familiarity with Industry, IPC and relevant PCB Standards
- Experience with designing for EMC and ESD mitigation and compliance
- Ability to manage external contracting PCB design resources when needed
- Designing for Manufacturability and Testability
- Ability to work tight schedules with extended hours, if required, possibly during heavy periods or on critical projects
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and written
- Ability to manage multiple projects in parallel
- Attention to detail and organizational skills a must
- IPC Certification CID or CID+
- Ability to create or modify schematics using schematic capture tools (OrCAD)
- AutoCAD and SolidWorks experience
Education/Previous Experience Requirements
High school diploma or equivalent plus a minimum of five (5) years previous experience in extensive CAD Printed Circuit Board design and layout.
You should apply if:
- You want to live, work and play in North Idaho with its abundance of natural resources to support outdoor recreation all year!
- You are humble (i.e. readily acknowledges weakness, easily admits mistakes freely and openly, offers and accepts apologies, compliments or praises without hesitation)
- You are hungry (i.e. does more than required of the job, and feels a personal responsibility for success of the team, willing to take on tedious or challenging tasks when necessary)
- You have high emotional intelligence (i.e. understands what others are feeling, shows empathy to the team, aware of how words and actions impact others, adjusts behavior and style to fit the nature of the conversation or relationship)
- Your entrepreneurial spirit fosters innovation and change to keep us nimble, capable, and competitive
- Your positive attitude is infectious
- You flourish with a startup-like mindset company that prioritizes a team-first approach and wears multiple hats to get the job done
- You want to have fun
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Protected Vet